- Pivoted from a franchise model to a company-owned model. It means that most of our campuses are now managed by our own employees 🌍.
- Grew from 40 to 180 Wagoners 👩💻 (Le Wagon’s employees) making us a globally distributed team able to operate on-site and remotely (70% of our new hires joined during the pandemic).
- Grew to hit 15k alumni in a couple of years 🚀. We’re now in more than 45 cities across the world and most major Tech hubs.
Le Wagon not only helps people change their lives, Le Wagon becomes a lifelong learning platform with a strong community that unlocks people’s potential and help them access new opportunities throughout their career .
We think this new brand system is more reflective of our ambition and more adapted to the markets where we operate.
The bootcamp industry is changing and we need to evolve with it 🔥
At Le Wagon, we always pay attention to what’s new and what’s getting traction. New players bring novelty and interesting perspectives. As an established brand in this industry, we need to welcome change while staying true to our foundations.
When we discussed with our CMO, Amandine Aman, what to change for our new brand re-launch, we reviewed our last brand rework of 2019 and evaluated what we wanted to keep and what we wanted to add:
- Keep our camper logo 🚌. Everyone loves it — so we decided to modernize it rather than reinvent the wheel (like we tried back in 2019).
- Keep the red ❤️. We care about people, we want to inspire, and support them as they transition to new careers — so red is the perfect color to suggest these values. We’re focusing on pictures, not illustrations. Le Wagon is not a SaaS — it’s all about our students and teachers, not our LMS features.
- Stay bold and exciting 🤩. Le Wagon is about career change and getting new skills to unlock your potential. It should inspire people and make them enthusiastic (hence more colors) and excited about learning!
Our new logo — the same but different
The challenge of red brands
- If you pick a blue or a green, you end up looking like a French 🇫🇷 or Italian 🇮🇹 company. When you are a global company named “Le Wagon,” it’s actually a liability to reinforce your French origins 🙈.
- If you pick a dark color, it feels boring and institutional. Not exactly the kind of brand that inspires people to learn new skills and re-invent their career.
- If you pick a vibrant color (orange, yellow, pink), it conflicts with your primary colour that needs to remain the main star of your system 🌟
Here is our new purple 💜 along with new color scheme and combinations.
This new brand now needs to live. We’ll surely continue to refine our guidelines and design systems as we use it. We love the result and believe Le Wagon is ready to take this new turn.= So welcome to the new look of Le Wagon! ! 🚌
We hope you like it!
Thank you to the A+ Wagon team ❤️, contractors & friends and family involved in this brand rework.
- Marketing team: Amandine Aman, Camille Hemet, Nim Lepcha
- Agencies: Alasta.io, Mozza.io
- A special thanks to Emilie and Mams for their work :)